How to deal with rusty cast iron cookware
Welcome to contact us…
Welcome to contact us…
The Cast Iron Cookware, which you inherit or buy from the stall, often comes with a layer of black rust and dirt, which looks very pleasing to the eye. But do not worry, it is easy to remove, so cast iron pot back to the new appearance.
1. Put the cast iron cookware in the oven. Run the entire program once. You can also use bonfire or directly burn with charcoal for 1/2 hour until the cast iron cooker becomes dark red. That layer of hard shell will crack, fall off, into ashes. So cool the pot, (to avoid casting cast iron) take the following steps.
If you remove the hard shell and rust, wipe with a steel ball.
2. Wash the cast iron cooker with warm water and soap. Wipe with a scouring pad.
If you buy a new cast iron cooker, it has been coated with a layer of oil or a similar coating to prevent rust. This layer of oil must be removed before handling the cooker. This step is essential. Soak in hot soapy water for 5 minutes, then wash off soap and dry.
3. Allow the cast iron cooker to dry thoroughly. You can put the pot on the oven for a few minutes to ensure dryness. To deal with the cast iron cooker will let the oil completely penetrate the metal surface, but the oil and water are incompatible.
4. Put the cooking utensils inside and outside are coated with lard, all kinds of cooking oil or corn oil line. Note that the lid should be painted.
5. Put the pot and the lid upside down in the oven with high temperature (150-260 degrees Celsius, depending on your preference). Heated for at least one hour, forming a “treated” outer layer on the surface of the pan. The outer layer protects the wok from being rusty and non-sticky.
Place a piece of aluminum foil or large baking paper on the bottom or bottom of the baking tray and then drop the oil.
Cool in room to room temperature.
6. Repeat. In order to achieve the best results, repeat steps 3, 4 and 5.
7. Regular maintenance of cast iron cookware. Whenever you wash your cast iron cookware, do not forget to keep it up.
Place the cast iron pot on the stove and pour about 3/4 teaspoons of corn oil (or other cooking fat).
Take a roll of paper and use it to wipe the oil on the surface of the pan, including any exposed surface, and the bottom of the pot.
Open the stove to heat the pan until it smokes.
If you use the electric furnace, slowly heating, so as not to suddenly high temperature wok cracking.
Close the lid on the lid. After cooling storage. Remove the excess fat before storing it.
Mob: +86 15081895964 / 15930196355
Address: Shijiazhuang city, Hebei province, China.